Monday, August 19, 2013

Digi Layout and a Tip: Masks to frame

I don't know when it happened, but I seem to have made the transition from paper to digi pages. Digi really is a lot of fun. I still have so many paper supplies and printed photos, but how fun to be able to put together a page the day after I take a picture. And in a style I could never achieve in paper supplies alone. I love this swirly frame and mask around the edge of the page. What a genius idea to have a mask with a frame to provide an easy way to change the outer edge perfectly. This is from a collaborative kit I got from the Lily Pad called Hoppy Birthday.  In fact, all of the products on this page come from that collaboration, except the two journaling cards which are from the Lily Pad's Ultimate vacation products this summer. These are from Splendid Fiins, one of my new favorite digi designers. I love her products!


I staged the photo on top after seeing a similar photo recently (but I can't for the life of me remember where...)  The comic book styling came after using a Pixma facebook app. It was a lot of fun. :)  And the layout is courtesy of this month's Digi Files Get it Scrapped class videos. I learned a lot about layering embellishments and general layout tips.

No comments: