This week we learned about making selections and combining them into a composite photo. I bit off a little more than I could chew with this photo, because the strings were nigh unto impossible to select. So I did what I could and in the final product, he was not connected to his chute. But I still liked the idea of my project, to show us paragliding for real. When we took our class, we were led to believe we would make a jump. Turns out, it is a rare case that someone can make a jump after one class. So, in the after photo, neither of us were actually on this mountain in Arches making a jump. But it sure sounded fun!
Determined to be successful in getting those strings, I went home from class and tried a new method. I believe I used the background eraser, and was much more successful in getting some of those strings in the picture. Not perfect, but a lot better.
I also decided to try my hands at a scrapbook page using the new and improved paragliding composite photo. Unfortunately, it isn't the best for printing. Our assignment for week 4 was to make a 72 ppi document, and so I started my page with that, forgetting that if I wanted to ever print it, I should have started with a 300 ppi document. Oh, well. But, I made a page all on my own. I found a free kit (Fly Boy from www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com) for the background paper and clouds. The rest I did on my own.